Terms & Conditions
Check via Fax – Fill out your check and make payable the deposit to Auto Shipping California. Fax to (360) 833-8796.
Paypal – If you have chosen Paypal click on the Paypal pay button above and use Paypal to pay the full amount.
Credit Card – Your credit card information will be collected over the phone by our customer support representative.
IMPORTANT CONSUMER NOTICE
- Auto Shipping California Inc. agrees to have vehicle(s) described in quotation shipped on or about the dates requested. Auto Shipping California will find a licensed Carrier (agent) to fulfill the terms and conditions of this agreement. Auto Shipping California does not guarantee a specific pickup or delivery date. The normal pick up time frame is 1 to 7 business days.
- This order is subject to all terms and conditions of the Carrier’s bills of lading, copies of which are available at the office of Carrier and are incorporated herein.
- Carrier’s responsibility begins when the shipper or his agent signs the bill of lading at pickup, and terminates when the shipper or his agent signs the bill of lading at delivery. Auto Shipping California must be notified, should the shipper be unavailable for pickup or delivery, and his agent must be designated at that time. If a carrier is sent out and vehicle cannot be picked up there will be an additional $75.00 rescheduling fee.
- Auto Shipping California hereby notifies shipper that their vehicle will be driven on and off the transporter, or to and from the transporter at the pickup or delivery site. Should the carrier be unable to access either site, this does not relieve the consignee from making a reasonable effort to meet the truck at a suitable location. In order to fully deliver your vehicle you must be willing to travel up to 5 miles from the designated pickup or delivery point.
- Unlike numerous other shippers, we do not require any money from you until the day your vehicle is scheduled to be loaded on to the assigned carrier. At the time you place your order, a credit card or check is provided to be kept on file. Your credit card will be authorized at the time you place your order. A fee of 30.00 per 1000 charged will be applied to all credit card transactions. The check will be processed the day of pick up. On the date your vehicle is scheduled to be loaded on to the assigned carrier, we will process that payment for the deposit. The balance is due to the truck at delivery with cash, cashier check or money order paid directly to the carrier. *Please ask about our offshore, overseas, or international payment policy.*
- Auto Shipping California does not guarantee transport by any specific driver/carrier.
- If you are shipping an inoperable vehicle, you may be required to help load and unload said vehicle at the discretion of the driver. Should vehicle(s) become inoperable during transport, an additional $150.00 will be due at time of delivery. It is shipper’s responsibility to make sure vehicle is in proper working order. Problems, such as but not limited to, a dead battery, bad alternator, loose cables, etc that makes the vehicle inoperable during transport will increase the transport price by the additional $150.00.
- Auto Shipping California. or its agents will not knowingly transport vehicles with personal or household items in the passenger or trunk compartment. Federal regulation prohibits Auto Shipping California or its agents from doing so. If such items are shipped unbeknown to Auto Shipping California or its agents, such items become the sole responsibility of the shipper. Should damage occur in your car you will be subject to additional fees at the discretion of the transporting company. This is Federal Law and under no control of Auto Shipping California.
- Auto Shipping California or its agents will not be responsible for vandalism, acts of God (fire, flooding, hail, sand storm, tornadoes, earthquakes) or objects flying from the road or sky during transport. Shippers should maintain their own insurance for these reasons. Enclosed transport is available at a higher price if necessary to ensure the condition of the vehicle.
- Shipper is responsible for preparing the vehicle(s) for transport, all loose parts fragile or protruding accessories, low hanging spoilers, fog lights, antennas, etc., must be removed and/or properly secured. Any part that falls off in transit is shipper’s responsibility, including damages done by said part to any and all vehicles involved.
- If damage should occur, all moneys owed for transport must be paid to initiate a claim. Damage must be noted in the proper place on the bill of lading, and signed by driver and shipper, regardless of weather, or time of day. Signing the bill of lading without any notation of damage verifies that shipper or his agent has received the said vehicle in the same condition as when it was picked up, and Auto Shipping California and its agents are relieved of any further responsibility. Shipper or his agent MUST check vehicle thoroughly at delivery.
- Auto Shipping California and its agents must also be notified of any damage by phone within 24 hours. Shipper must submit in writing a description of damage, clear pictures, and 2 estimates within 10 days of receipt of said vehicle directly to the designated carrier for any resolution to be initiated. Auto Shipping California will support you in this effort should such a problem occur, but in no way will Auto Shipping California accept responsibility for any negligence of the assigned carrier. If your vehicle is valued at a higher than market rate, we suggest you purchase a special insurance rider OR pursue the enclosed transport option.
- Shipper specifically waives any right to judicature of this matter at any location. Auto Shipping California can only be liable for up to the amount of the deposit located on your quotation. In no case can Auto Shipping California be held liable for the designated carrier’s damage. Auto Shipping California will provide carriers insurance certificate and carrier information should any controversy arise.
- If you place an order with us, you have the option to cancel any time prior to your vehicle being assigned to a transporter. If your vehicle is booked on a transporter before you fax or email your cancellation, you will lose the amount of the deposit. If you cancel your order prior to assignment of a Carrier you will receive a FULL refund of all monies paid to Auto Shipping California and no more. It is Auto Shipping California goal to only get paid if we perform the service of Auto Transport Broker. If a Carrier is assigned to your order and then you cancel your order, for any reason, a $75 fee must be paid to the Carrier for gas, logistics and lost fees.
- Auto Shipping California is a licensed and bonded Property Broker. WE are responsible for booking the shipment of cars with a licensed Motor Carrier Corporation, who handle their own damage claims. It may take a few weeks to process your claim, since the drivers must return to their terminals with the original Bill of Lading condition reports. Auto Shipping California does not transport your vehicle or ensure it’s transport. Auto Shipping California provides the services of finding a licensed (by the Dept. of Transportation), and logistically bringing the Carrier and the Customer together.
- Auto Shipping California will not be responsible for demurrage at any Port Facilities.
- By submitting your order online, Auto Shipping California understands you are placing your order and accept the terms and conditions (in lieu of your signature) found here and on Auto Shipping California web site. By sending a faxed check to Auto Shipping California OR by giving your Credit Card information to Paypal OR one of our representatives to book your order with us, you are agreeing to all of these Terms & Conditions.
- Customers must make their vehicle available during the transport time, if the vehicle becomes unavailable at any time after the order has been place and a carrier has been assigned, Auto Shipping California holds right to cancel the order and proceed with the cancellation policy.
- Damage to undercarriage, exhaust system, suspension, wheel bearings, tie downs, brakes, alignment, tuning, charging system or battery. (No evaluation is made of these components or systems at pickup location) therefore Auto Shipping California or its agents do not accept responsibility for them or the following…
- Damage not detected at pickup location due to poor weather or lighting conditions.
- Damage to car phones or antenna under any condition (suggests that they may be removed)
- Loss of or damage to audio or video equipment not installed at the factory. Including antenna that does not retract to within 3 inches of the vehicles body.
- Damage or fines incurred because shipper left personal or household items in vehicle.
- Damage caused by fluids or objects flying up from the roadway, or out of the sky.
- Damage to cloth or vinyl convertible or decorative tops over 2 years old.
- Damage to T-tops, boots, bras, caps, or any other type of canvas covering.
- Damage caused by leaking fluids, such as battery acid, motor oil, transmission fluid, brake fluid, power steering fluid, radiator coolant, or fallout resulting from acts of god.
- Damage caused by freezing of cooling system and/or battery.
- Damage caused by failure of factory tie-downs or pull through from tie-down holes.
- Damage to, or caused by any vehicle that cannot be driven on or off the transport under its own power. (Vehicle will not run, or has lost its braking system)